Sunday, March 4, 2012

My exercise regime!

i am so sorry i haven't blogged all week! i had midterms and deadlines to meet. 

Anyways, i wanted to talk to you all about my exercise routine! I used to live such a sedentary lifestyle throughout my high school years and my freshman year in college. But last summer i noticed how much weight i gained during my freshman year and decided that I needed to make a change, i couldn't wait for a miracle to happen and have the weight loss happen by itself. So i started doing zumba DVD's everyday during the summer, and in 3 months i lost about 10 or so pounds, not too much but its okay. Then i went back to school and signed up for recreation classes like zumba and kickboxing! 

KICKBOXING IS AMAZING! it is probably the best workout i have ever gotten. It is an intense cardio workout that is high-impact and fun! mainstream music helps because it makes you feel cool, lol. Although i only did it once a week and zumba twice a week with a 30 minute run , i switched up the next quarter i was in school, i'll talk about that later :). while i was working out, i cooked my own food, usually chicken and veggies, whole wheat pasta and stuff like that. i trained myself to eat 1300 calories everyday and i slept about 8 hours a night. The best thing i did was drink large amounts of water every single day day! trust me, it works. So i lost about 15 or so pounds in those 2 and a half months!

Now I do kickboxing 3 times a week and zumba once a week. I eat mostly what i want but it tends to be portion controlled. I am not done losing weight though, i gave myself a break this quarter and so I'm eating more then 1300 calories but i think under 1700. 

Starting an exercise routine was probably the best thing that has ever happened to me! i feel much more awake and alive, in general i feel better about myself :)!

Please feel free to share your exercise routines or any advice on healthy eating! you gals are awesome!

MUAH!
Andrea 

4 comments:

  1. I`m hoping to start kickboxing as well. Sounds like a lot of fun! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so much fun!! it definitely motivates me to stay healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really inspiring, and good on you for losing weight the healthy way rather than cutting corners -- great work, keep on going! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! comments like these give me the drive to keep going :), you're amazing! ima keep going :)

      Delete